August 23, 2014

Summer Rain and Lace Umbrellas

Hello Fashionistas!
5 minutes outside until it started raining, and to be honest, my lace umbrella didn’t offer much protection from the rain. With long dresses being in vogue this year, I couldn’t help but try this trend myself. With my long white dress out the closet and my flower hairpins from Thailand, I was more than ready to see what the buzz was all about. And let me tell you- I fell for this trend immediately.

To me, there’s a little story behind every piece in my closet. In this outfit, the one with the most interesting story is my necklace. During my trip to Vienna, one early morning right after breakfast, we took the train to an avenue in which every Sunday, a vintage bazaar took place. It was absolutely crazy, more and more sellers as minutes passed, more and more buyers looking for worthy items. It was surely something I had never experienced before, so it was a bit of a shock at first. That’s exactly where I found my green necklace. I was kinda unsure whether to buy or not, but I loved the aristocratic look of it. So the first rule in vintage shopping applied here - when you find vintage jewelry, you can’t just not buy it.

Dress - Bershka
Necklace - Vintage bazaar in Vienna
Umbrella - (personal collection) from Venice
Hair pins - (personal collection) from Thailand
It's been a while, but city girls go on vacation too.. But now I am back, my DSLR camera full with the last summer photoshoots for my blog, and more than excited to be back in the city I love. Crete was fun, but there's no place like Athens for me.
Also in case you haven't noticed the first ever Daily City Girl giveaway has ended. Congratulations to Ashley for winning! There will be more giveaways, so don't get disappointed. Thanks to everyone who applied, and of course to all of you lovely fashionistas for following and supporting me! 
 xxxx,
The City Girl
I wasn’t paid to promote any product and all opinions are mine. I personally wrote this text, and you have no right to copy my website’s text. All photos were taken by me, and should not be used without a watermark/ reference link. If any content from this blog is used in any other website, text or any other form, there must be a source with a link leading to this article’s web-link, if used online. If not, the “All rights to Daily City Girl blog” phrase must be used. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Great page and beautiful pictures. Greece looks absolutely beautiful. So glad to see you here blogging, so many deserted blogs these days. Thanks for letting me visit.
    Susan
    http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com
    http://myfavoritesolarlilghts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. η πιο ομορφη ομπρελα που εχω δει!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Susan! Greece is truly a beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete

  4. very nice style. I like your sense. you are a great model
    fashion Tips for woman

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like..