July 16, 2014

Fashion Report: Bohemian Style

Hey Fashionistas!
Quick note before we begin, my blog's first anniversary is approaching, so I wanted to take this chance and thank you for supporting me throughout my journey as a fashion blogger. About one year ago, a girl from Athens (hint: it's me) decided to begin a blog under the name "Daily City Girl", and since then I got to attend fashion shows as a journalist, and meet amazing people. I want to thank you, yes you, the person who's reading this, for reading my crazy articles and being loyal readers. I am sure there's much more to come, and that's exactly why I won't stop blogging here. Many many kisses to all of you, I still can't believe that my blog hit 14,000 views, I thought nobody would even care to read my articles! Here's to all my city fashionistas!

Okay now let's just get to the point :). Between listening to this new band I discovered (it's called New Politics, in case you were wondering) and watching Orange Is The New Black, I felt like writing one of my classic type of articles. Bohemian style is all I have been hearing about the past few weeks, and since I believe it's an amazing trend, I decided to dedicate my post to this new trend. Oh, and if you didn't notice, I haven't written a Fashion Report since my Ombre post, so I am pretty excited.  So, sit back in your couch, pull your laptop closer, and explore with me bohemian style!

Outfit Inspiration



Wonderful prints, eye-catching colors, flowers, kimono tops, vintage jewelry. That's what bohemian style is all about. In order to achieve your ideal look, you must be open-minded. Use that vintage dress that's been hiding in your closet for months or even years, add your favorite sandals, all the jewelry you can find, and maybe even a large hat. Dare to look like you are going to a music festival, act fearless and laid back. Who said you can't? Use the ladies above as examples. You could also combine maxi skirts with lace crop tops or high-waisted shorts with simple tops and unique kimono tops. Always keep in mind: Earth colors are a must too.

Jewelry

Bohemian style requires many jewels. No literally. Dig in your jewel box, and wear everything you can find. Combine big and small bracelets, rings in every finger, hipster sunglasses, and as many vintage necklaces as possible! 

 Henna Tattoos 


 Look how gorgeous these henna tattoos look. If you are considering getting one during your summer vacations, dare to try something more unique, something more bohemian.

My outfit suggestions


Of course, I couldn't help but make an outfit of my own on polyvore to present to you fashionistas. I used this gorgeous Boho dress I found on Valentino and combined it with simple yet impressive accessories. I didn't overdo it with the jewels like I was supposed to, but I preferred it minimalistic. 
Thank you so much for reading my article, please make sure to follow our instagram, subscribe to this blog and share it on Twitter or Facebook if you enjoyed it :) 


xxxx,
The City Girl
Please understand that I don’t own any of these photos. I wasn’t paid to promote any product and all opinions are mine. I personally wrote this text, and you have no right to copy my website’s text. If any content from this blog is used in any other website, text or any other form, there must be a source with a link leading to this article’s web-link, if used online. If not, the “All rights to Daily City Girl blog” phrase must be used. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the bohemian style!! Well done on your blog too, it's fab.. Keep up the good work!

    Heather : )
    suncreamandsparkles.blogspot.ae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, congratulations on your blog anniversary, my own blog is coming up to 1 year old now, so exciting & its crazy how much you learn along the way! More to the point, I absolutly adore this post, as a amassive fan of boho style the photos you chose have hugely inspired me, thanks so much for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your blog anniversary! Thank you so much for your kind words:)

      Delete

You Might Also Like..