May 11, 2014

AXDW - Athens Designers Week FW 2014-2015

Hello Fashionistas!

I know, I know, I have been off for so long, but you know. Finals. Da struggle. But, I decided that I get my mind off exams in general for a little while, and write about Athens Xclusive Designers Week Fall/Winter 2014-2015, which I got the chance to attend this Spring! The event was extraordinary- only the best brands, designers, bloggers, models and photographers could get an invitation, and it was truly an honor to be one of them. I also met some of the most fantastic people during the 4 days of the event! 
AXDW focused on exporting Greek fashion worldwide, and they definitely succeeded. Today, I won't analyze the trends I got to see on the runway (I will be doing that on September or so) but I will give you a taste of AXDW.




So, I was given a Press Pass, and I even got to sit in a separate place in the audience. In some shows I was offered a first row seat which -tell you what- it's fantastic.

But let's take a look around...


In overall, the decorations were great! The lighting, the colors and generally the environment could be only described in one word: Glamorous! This year's sponsors were Migato, Belvedere, Kelloggs Special K, Malboro and Toni and Guy. Most of them had their own stands on the area outside of the runway room, and they either offered samples or provided us with information about their company.

Sponsor Gifts


But, to be honest the gifts from the sponsors were fantastic. We got small things, like little fans or some stickers, but to be honest, it was really fun because they could make you happy out of nowhere! That little Marks and Spencer fan was a life-saver because it was so hot in the runway room that everyone by the moment they saw them they started using them. Also, those little yellow stickers with emoticons on them said "Stick me with Style", and it was much fun seeing everyone who attended using them in their own unique way. And of course let me tell you about these little Kelloggs Special K sample boxes: I literally left the event with 11 of these and I still haven't managed to eat all of them! But damn were they good.

The Shows

                                           

My favorite shows were: Makis Tselios (his show was fabulous), Marks and Spencer (even though I was pretty sure that their collection was about Spring Summer 2013-14), Athina Korda (which never fails to impress me), and of course Cacharel (which was simply adorable, totally reminded me of Ariana Grande's style). By the way, did you know that in some companies' runway show they photograph with some of the sponsors products/ banners? For example, the Marks and Spencer models posed for Kelloggs Special K!

I had a wonderful time at AXDW FW 2014-2015 and I truly wish that I can go next year as well! Even though the whole experience was a bit stressful for me because I had to balance school, homework and not missing a single show for those 4 days, I regret nothing because I had a blast, and I believe I made memories of a lifetime.

xxxx,
The City Girl
I wasn’t paid to promote any product and all opinions are mine. I personally wrote this text, and you have no right to copy my website’s text. All photos were taken by me, and should not be used without a watermark/ reference link. If any content from this blog is used in any other website, text or any other form, there must be a source with a link leading to this article’s web-link, if used online. If not, the “All rights to Daily City Girl blog” phrase must be used. Thank you.

1 comment:

You Might Also Like..