September 9, 2013

Travel Diary: Follow Me Around Chania!


Travel Diary: Follow me around Chania!

Hello travel lovers!

Thankfully, this summer I got the chance to visit Crete in Greece, one of the most beautiful islands. Who wouldn’t love Chania, a city of Crete! The butterflies in your stomach as soon as you step out of the boat, having that special feeling that an adventure is about to begin, the wonderful people; the tasty food, the hot weather, all those cute little cafes; the colorful houses around the sea and the graphic shops are only a few of the reasons why I love Chania. If you have visited it, you know what I am talking about. If not, add it in your bucket list, it’s a total must-do! 
All photos were taken by me, please don't use them without credit.

20th of July,

6:52 am.

We arrive in Souda, after 9 long hours of travelling. I basically took advantage of the fact that we travelling during the night, and I slept for about 6 hours.

7:33 am.

After driving by car -I didn’t drive, my aunt did :)-, we arrived in Chania! We started our wonderful day by walking in the little streets, admiring the remarkable tourist shops. The shops weren’t even open yet other than a couple of cafés!

7:41 am.

We stop to take a couple of photos and visit a big historical church. I was thrilled to learn that this church exists for 150 years!

7:59 am.

For my surprise, there is a Starbucks café in the city, and I kind of got a little too excited to have a Frappuccino (excuse the Typical White Girl in me)!

8:06 am.

We got our orders! I bought a Caramel Frappuccino and my cousin bought a strawberry yogurt smoothie.
 
8:23 am.

We sat in a café called “Alatsadiko” to eat breakfast. We got some kind of crêpes; The view was absolutely awesome as you can see below.
  
9:20 am.


We walk past the boardwalk next to the sea, enjoying the amazing weather. Later, we leave for a last walk at the shops, since the shops were then open.

9:38 am.

I stopped by a bookstore, to buy a summer read, since I hadn’t the time to buy one in Athens. I bought “The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris” by Jenny Colgan. If you are looking for a girly-girlish summer book, make sure to read that one. I have recently read “The Fault In Our Stars” by John Green and I absolutely adored it, so I would suggest that too.

10:00


We leave Chania to go to Kissamos! Driving to there took a little too long :/

11:00 (still on the road)


JUST A LITTLE TOO LONG…

11:30

We arrive to Kissamos, and rest for a couple of hours after our long trip…

16.00 - 19.00


After having lunch (Sadly I don’t have a pic of our lunch at the beach restaurant, but believe me, it was massive), we drop by the beach. Let me tell you what a wonderful time we had.

19.20


We got to watch the sun set off, and I cannot describe how perfect it was.

After the sun set off I didn’t do much, I just watched “The Notebook” on my laptop and got some sleep.

That's it for today. I hope you enjoyed following me around my first day in Chania! Stay tuned cause a lot of travel diaries are soon to come!
xxxx,
The City Girl

All photos were taken by me, please don't use them without credit. This blog post was not sponored, all items were bought by me, and all opinions are mine!

Cute links
Twitter (@DailyCityGirl)
Facebook (Daily City Girl)
Polyvore (dailycitygirl.polyvore.com)
Google+ (https://plus.google.com/107872291286509566952/posts)

1 comment:

  1. Wow how I wish I could visit Greece soon...Will be reading more of your blog :)

    http://nomorestarsrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like..