December 25, 2013

Christmas: Inspiration and Outfits!

Christmas Inspiration and Cookie Recipe!

Hello Fashionistas!

I am at home, it's Christmas eve, I am in my cozy PJs, listening to Michael Bubl é and drinking hot tea. Casually, I am writing a blog post to y'all. I truly hope this post gives you the necessary Christmas spirit for tomorrow! Merry Christmas beauties!

Christmas Morning

I adore wearing my cutest PJs for opening my Christmas gifts. I always make sure to make a big cup of sweet tea to enjoy with some fruit cake.

Toffee Nut Lattes For Breakfast

What I love about this is that its super cozy. Wear an adorable crew neck, comfy leggings, and warm ugg boots! Grab a beanie and you're good to go!

Walk In The Cold

It's the right season to enjoy the crispy cold weather in the mornings! Also make sure to throw a warm cardigan on top to make it a winter outfit.

Makin' Cookies


Scroll to find a wonderful sugar cookie recipe to make and give as a small present to your guests. There's no christmas with no baking!

Dinner

With a glamorous like this one, chances are you will make everyone look at you!

Christmas After-Party

Simple, girl, sparkly and charming, this outfit is perfect for a party this season.

Cookie Recipe
And because 'Tis the season to bake, here is my favorite cookie recipe which I tried today, and came out DELICIOUS! 

                  Ingredients

    • 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
    •  2 cups white sugar
    •  4 eggs
    •  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    •  5 cups all-purpose flour
    •  2 teaspoons baking powder
    •  1 teaspoon salt
    1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
    2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
    3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely
    4. To make icing, mix the milk and the sugar together with a fork. To make it more of a thin glaze, add more milk.  To make it a thicker icing, add more powdered sugar.
    [For the original recipes go here and here]

    Merry Christmas City Girls!


    xxxx,
    The City Girl

    Song by Michael Bublé, Shania Twain. Photo Credits to WeHeartIt, Tumblr. Pictures with watermark belong to me, please don't use without credit:) This blog post was not sponored, all items were bought by me, and all opinions are mine!

    (Icing)

    • 1 cup powder sugar
    • 4 tsp. milk
    • Food coloring (optional)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    You Might Also Like..